Programme Day 2
Day 1 | Day 2
Registration and refreshments
Delivering liquidity solutions
Chinese private equity hit its first fundraising peak 10 years ago. Plenty of funds are coming to the end of their lives but have yet to make substantial realisations – thanks to bumpy IPO markets and the recent underperforming trade sale market. As GPs struggle to form exit plans for this substantial capital overhang, there are ample opportunities for restructuring. Our panel analyses the state of the market and creatively identifies possible options for liquidity.
- Where are the most interesting opportunities for direct secondary investors in China, and how do you identify quality deals?
- How do you compare the deal prospects for USD and RMB funds?
- What are the biggest challenges for secondary investors when executing deals in China?
- How do you ensure the alignment of interests with the various stakeholders involved in the deal?
Moderated by: Lucian Wu, Managing Director, HQ CAPITAL
Robin Song, Partner, LUNAR
Daizong Wang, Partner, NEWQUEST CAPITAL PARTNERS
Jeffrey Wang, Partner & Managing Director, BDA PARTNERS
Sonny Wu, Founding Partner and Chairman, GSR CAPITAL
China outbound M&A: A better direction
The China outbound M&A market is set for its next growth surge. The Government’s strong pledge on the One Belt, One Road initiative, support for investments promoting local economic growth, and the streamlined approval process, have prepared the ground for investors. But smart strategies, covering everything from sourcing and attracting the right targets, to successfully harvesting mutual synergies while navigating cultural differences, are key to ride this growth. Our panel of professionals discuss:
- How have Government policies and regulations affected the outbound M&A landscape?
- What are the key challenges when entering new and emerging markets?
- How can private equity play a role?
- What are the key lessons learnt and tips for success?
Moderated by: Jireh Li, Chief Representative, COMMONFUND CAPITAL
Ashley He, Senior Investment Director, CTRIP.COM INTERNATIONAL LTD
Jay Weng, Director, Strategic M&A and Direct Investments, CHINA VANKE
Michael Wang, Managing Director, PRIMAVERA CAPITAL GROUP
Gian-Marc Widmer, Director and Head of International M&A, CITIC SECURITIES CO., LTD.
Limited partners’ views on China and beyond
Alternative assets offer myriad strategies, fund types, specialties, and terms. Do you commit big to a handful of mega funds, or seek out niche countries with only managers that have deep-rooted connections and expertise? Or do you try a combination of both, and if so, which geographies do you choose, what role can China play, and how can you get the balance right? A panel of leading LPs discuss.
- Which are the most interesting sectors, regions, and strategies?
- Have LPs adjusted their expectations for returns from China?
- How do you execute co-investments while managing fund relationships?
- How do you evaluate new fund managers?
Moderated by: Wei Chou Su, Partner & Head of Asia, STEPSTONE GROUP
Dave Brochet, Managing Director, CDPQ ASIA PACIFIC PTE LTD
Huai Fong Chew, Investment Officer, INTERNATIONAL FINANCE CORPORATION
Xiaochen Li, Executive Director, BEIJING TAIKANG INVESTMENT CO., LTD.
Sally Shan, Managing Director, HARBOURVEST PARTNERS