The Asian Private Equity & Venture Capital Awards
12 November 2018 l Island Shangri-La Hong Kong
As the industry's premier information source, the Asian Venture Capital Journal tasks itself with highlighting the firms, professionals, investments, exits and fundraises that are a cut above the rest. We do this on a continuous basis through our editorial coverage and then on an annual basis through the AVCJ Private Equity & Venture Capital Awards.
The awards are a showcase for first-class innovation, ingenuity and performance. They are also unique in how they are distributed – relying primarily on nominations and votes cast by Asia's private equity and venture capital community, but with contributions from a select panel of industry judges as well as the AVCJ Editorial Board.
Many thanks to all those who submitted nominations – either directly or on the behalf of others – and voted in the 2018 Awards. And congratulations to the winners, who are listed below.
Congratulations to all the 2018 Winners
- Fundraising of the Year – Venture Capital: Venture Capital: Sequoia Capital China Venture Fund VII (Sequoia Capital China)
- Fundraising of the Year – Mid Cap: Japan Industrial No.5 Investment Enterprise (Japan Industrial Partners)
- Fundraising of the Year – Large Cap: Affinity Asia Pacific Fund V (Affinity Equity Partners)
- Deal of the Year – Early Stage Technology: Deskera (Jungle Ventures)
- Deal of the Year – Late Stage Technology: Ant Financial (Baillie Gifford/BlackRock/Canada Pension Plan Investment Board/The Carlyle Group/General Atlantic/GIC Private/Janchor Partners/Khazanah Nasional/Primavera Capital Group/Sequoia Capital/Silver Lake/T. Rowe Price/Temasek Holdings/Warburg Pincus)
- Deal of the Year – Mid Cap: Joy Rent a Car (Hahn & Company)
- Deal of the Year – Large Cap: Toshiba Memory Corporation (Bain Capital/Innovation Network Corporation of Japan/Development Bank of Japan/Apple/Dell/Kingston/Seagate)
- Exit of the Year – IPO: Pinduoduo (Gaorong Capital/Cathay Capital Private Equity/IDG Capital/Lightspeed China Partners/Sequoia Capital China/Tencent Holdings/Sun Vantage Investment)
- Exit of the Year – Mid Cap: Novotech Holdings (Mercury Capital)
- Exit of the Year – Large Cap: Carver Korea (Bain Capital/Goldman Sachs)
- PE & VC Professional of the Year: Sanjiv Kaul (ChrysCapital Partners)
- Responsible Investment Award: Manuka Health (Pacific Equity Partners)
- Operational Value Add: Qingdao Haier (KKR)
- Firm of the Year – Mid Cap: Quadrant Private Equity
- Firm of the Year – Large Cap: Bain Capital
- AVCJ Special Achievement: Daniel E. Carroll