As the industry's premier information source, the Asian Venture Capital Journal tasks itself with highlighting the firms, professionals, investments, exits and fundraises that are a cut above the rest. We do this on a continuous basis through our editorial coverage and then on an annual basis through the AVCJ Private Equity & Venture Capital Awards.
The awards are a showcase for first-class innovation, ingenuity and performance. They are also unique in how they are distributed – relying primarily on nominations and votes cast by Asia's private equity and venture capital community, but with contributions from a select panel of industry judges as well as the AVCJ Editorial Board.
Many thanks to all those who submitted nominations – either directly or on the behalf of others – and voted in the 2017 Awards. And congratulations to the winners, who are listed below.
- Fundraising of the Year – Venture Capital: LAV Biosciences Fund IV (Lilly Asia Ventures)
- Fundraising of the Year – Mid Cap: Kedaara Capital Fund II (Kedaara Capital)
- Fundraising of the Year – Large Cap: KKR Asian Fund III (KKR)
- Deal of the Year – Early Stage Technology: Beijing SenseTime (CDH Investments/Dalian Wanda Group/IDG Capital)
- Deal of the Year – Late Stage Technology: Ofo (Atomico/CITIC Private Equity/Coatue Management/Didi Chuxing/DST Global/Macrolink Group/Matrix Partners China)
- Deal of the Year – Mid Cap: Press & Converting (VIG Partners)
- Deal of the Year – Large Cap: Yingde Gases (PAG Asia Capital)
- Exit of the Year – IPO: Au Small Finance Bank (ChrysCapital/IFC/Kedaara Capital/Warburg Pincus)
- Exit of the Year – Mid Cap: Riraku (Advantage Partners)
- Exit of the Year – Large Cap: Universal Studios Japan (Goldman Sachs/MBK Partners/Owl Creek Asset Management/PAG Asia Capital)
- Venture Capital Professional of the Year: JP Gan & Nisa Leung (Qiming Venture Partners)
- Private Equity Professional of the Year: Yichen Zhang (CITIC Capital)
- Operational Value Add: Great Southern Rail (Allegro Funds)
- Firm of the Year: KKR
- AVCJ Special Achievement: Victor Fung
- AVCJ 30th Anniversary Awards - Investment of the 1980s: Acer (H&Q Asia Pacific)
- AVCJ 30th Anniversary Awards - Investment of the 1990s: Korea First Bank (Newbridge Capital)
- AVCJ 30th Anniversary Awards - Investment of the 2000s: Oriental Brewery (Affinity Equity Partners/KKR)